The TAME Express program is now fully subscribed and closed to new applicants. Moving forward, municipalities and community related organizations (CROs) seeking funding for the implementation of high efficiency lighting retrofits are encouraged to apply for the Business, Non-Profit, and Institutional Energy Savings program delivered by Energy Efficiency Alberta.
The Taking Action to Manage Energy (TAME) Express program provides Alberta municipalities with quick access to prescriptive financial incentives for the implementation of high efficiency lighting retrofits. Without the need to perform a detailed energy assessment, TAME Express offers rebates for retrofits of indoor lighting, outdoor building and parking lot lighting, lighting controls, and exit signs. For detailed information on eligibility requirements, available funding, and how to apply, please refer to the TAME Express Guidebook.
Who can participate?
- Municipalities: all designated municipalities within the Province of Alberta that meet the definition of "municipality" as per Section 1(s) of the Municipal Government Act.
- Community-related organizations: non-profit community-related organizations (CROs) are eligible to participate if the project is located on municipally owned facilities or municipally owned land. While CROs are eligible to participate, the municipality must be the signatory to the funding agreement and all reimbursements made under the program will be directed to the municipality.
How much funding is available?
Participants will be eligible to receive a set rebate amount per measure installed as defined in the TAME Express Lighting Calculator.
A summary of eligible measure categories and rebate ranges are shown in the table below:
|Measure Category||Rebate Range (per unit)|
|LED Directional Lamps||$8 to $15|
|LED “A” Lamps||$4 to $5|
|LED T8 Replacement Lamps||$2 to $8|
|Reduced Watt Fluorescent Bulbs||$1.5 to $3|
|LED Mogul-Base Lamps||$25 to $65|
|LED Troffers||$25 to $75|
|LED High/Low Bays||$75 to $195|
|LED Recessed Downlights||$10 to $45|
|LED Troffer Retrofit Kit||$20 to $60|
|LED High Bay Retrofit Kit||$50 to $130|
|Induction High Bay Lamps||$30 to $65|
|Outdoor LED Wall-Mounted||$50 to $100|
|Outdoor LED Pole-Mounted||$115 to $175|
|Outdoor Lighting Controls||$10 to $80|
|Indoor Lighting Controls||$12 to $18|
In order to qualify for retrofits, lighting and control systems are required to meet all conditions outlined in the TAME Express Guidebook. Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Product and performance certification (e.g. CSA, cUL, Energy Star, CEE, and DLC)
- All measures must be installed and functional
- Products must be new and purchased after receiving application approval
- Measures must be purchased and paid for by the applicant and installed at the location defined in the application.
Where do I find additional information?
Inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org