- This event has passed.
Decarbonizing buildings in Canada and beyond is essential to a low carbon future. Residential and commercial energy retrofits and carbon-proofing new builds has enormous potential to reduce emissions, save Canadians money, create thousands of jobs, and grow local manufacturing.
Join partners Corporate Knights and GLOBE Series at the kick-off event of this special track in the Clean Recovery Breakthrough Series: Breakthroughs Inspired by Buildings. This virtual event will bring together industry leaders from across the country to discuss how we can accelerate and scale energy retrofits and carbon-proof new buildings in Canada. Questions covered will include:
- What are the new and biggest opportunities to drive deep decarbonization of buildings?
- How must current business models evolve to capitalize on those opportunities?
- What are the other essential enablers of success?
- How can we make the numbers work?
This event will be followed by other dialogues and transactional activities that take us beyond talk to transformational outcomes, beyond recovery to resilience and prosperity.
- Tim Coldwell, President, Chandos
- Rob Simpson, Director, Sustainability, Ivanhoé Cambridge
- Hugo Lafontaine, Vice President, Digital Energy, Schneider Electric
- Toby Heaps, CEO and Editor-in-Chief, Corporate Knights
- Elizabeth Shirt, Managing Director, Globe Series