If developing larger renewable energy projects is a strategic goal for your community, then this two-day incubator is not to be missed!
- The Incubator program offers a strong foundation in Community Generation literacy, helping to demystify the critical steps to develop a viable project, generate renewable energy and sustainable revenue, and deliver benefits to your community.
- Working with industry leaders, attendees will gain clarity on the Environmental, Grid, Regulatory, and Stakeholder engagement and assessment processes to save the project money and get started quickly on the right foot.
- Project financing approaches, including local capital strategies, will also be covered.
- Six project candidates per workshop will participate in project selection coaching, key data gathering, and collaborate with experts and peers to generate a high-level pre-feasibility assessment.
Overview: Workshop includes training, networking, expert inquiry, case-studies and collaborative development. Topics Include:
- Alberta Electricity 101
- Renewable Technology Overview
- Environmental Requirements
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Regulatory Framework
- Small Scale / Community Generation Regulation
- Grid Interconnection
- Financial Modelling
Who is eligible to attend?
- Municipalities, Counties, First Nations, Métis Settlements
- Schools & Post-Secondary Institutions, Charities & Non-Profits
- Co-operatives, Irrigation Districts & Agricultural Societies
- Condo Boards, Industry Associations, Rural Electrification Associations
Registration is limited to 20 attendees and six (6) project candidates. Open to organizations seeking only training opportunities.
Target Projects: Grid Scale >500 kW, Pre‐Feasibility Stage, Predominantly Solar, Applicable to all renewable energy technologies
Outcomes: A clear project development path. Savings towards pre-feasibility and overall project costs. Confidence in issuing requests for proposals and working with developers. Strategies for capital raising and financial sustainability.