About this Event
The Municipal Climate Change Action Centre and Adeib Bashar, Municipal Energy Manager, City of Brooks will discuss how to implement energy efficiency projects at several municipal facilities on a tight budget.
We’ll talk about:
- His experience as a municipal energy manager at the City.
- Low-cost or no-cost energy-efficient projects that he is working on for his municipality.
- Projects that have resulted in energy and cost savings.
- What he is most excited for in the next year for energy efficiency at the City of Brooks.
- Funding available for municipalities to hire their own energy manager.
Join us on October 30 for this FREE webinar.
Adeib Bashar’s Biography
Adeib Bashar is responsible for the development and implementation of the City of Brooks’ energy policies and energy management planning. This includes:
- Tracking energy use and benchmarking against appropriate databases.
- Reviewing and leading energy conservation projects across the City’s portfolio of facilities.
- Performing ASHRAE Level-2 energy audit of public facilities with systems such as Ammonia refrigeration (chiller) plants, lighting, building envelope, HVAC, motors, variable frequency drives, solar PV and compressed air.
- Performing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions accounting and verification.
Municipal Climate Change Action Centre
The Municipal Climate Change Action Centre was founded in 2009 as a collaborative initiative of the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association, Rural Municipalities of Alberta, and the Government of Alberta.
We deliver funding, technical assistance, and education to help Alberta municipalities, school authorities and community related organizations advance actions that lower energy costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and improve climate resilience.
Learn more at mccac.ca