- This event has passed.
About this Event
The Municipal Energy Champions Program helps small municipalities manage energy use by providing free support for municipalities interested in delegating a staff member to become a municipal energy champion.
The Municipal Climate Change Action Centre will discuss how to select an energy champion. Your energy champion will help improve your municipal operations and reduce energy costs with energy efficiency projects.
Participating in this program will help your municipality:
- Understand the importance of energy use and management,
- Complete energy assessments,
- Move forward in the energy planning process,
- See financing options to offset the costs of energy projects,
- Identify opportunities for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects,
- Develop an approach for energy management initiatives.
Municipal Energy Champions commit approximately 10 to 15 hours a month to complete the six-step program over six months through webinars, workshops, phone calls and more:
- Learn the basics of energy management
- Gather preliminary data of municipal energy consumption
- Design an energy-consuming systems map
- Build an energy profile of the municipality
- Complete a macro-energy audit
- Understand how to construct an implementation plan
Municipal Climate Change Action Centre
The Municipal Climate Change Action Centre was founded in 2009 as a collaborative initiative of the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association, Rural Municipalities of Alberta, and the Government of Alberta.
We deliver funding, technical assistance, and education to help Alberta municipalities, school authorities and, community-related organizations advance actions that lower energy costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and improve climate resilience.
Learn more at mccac.ca