- This event has passed.
CLASS HELD OVER TWO SATURDAYS: afternoon of February 20 and February 27 2021
- This online class it will be broken into two 3.5 hour sessions.
- The class content will be covered on:
- Saturday – February 20 from 1pm – 4:30pm
- Saturday – February 27 from 1pm-4:30pm.
- The class will be offered through Zoom webinar.
- All participants will be forwarded login information once registration closes
- The essential elements of a contract
- Risk identification and mitigation
- How to write a Scope of Work for Solar PV projects and gather all the supporting details.
- How to structure the Pricing
- How to comply with the Alberta Solar Business Code of Conduct
- Plus contract bidding and administration
- Workforce Health and Safety
- Supply Chain uncertainties
- Schedule interruptions
Workshop attendees will benefit from a sample template to build their own contracts, plus contract planning documents, and a copy of the extensive presentation.
This workshop focuses primarily on “Construction” contracts by ensuring project details, risks and variables are fully understood, so the proper technical details and participant responsibilities can become the core of these successful contracts. The non technical, legal considerations are also introduced, but to cover them in full would require more time than the one day workshop permits.