- This event has passed.
CLASS HELD OVER THREE DAYS: 6-8pm on Monday February 22, Wednesday February 24, and Thursday February 25
SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO PURCHASE THE CLASS
- This online class it will be broken into three 2 hour sessions.
- The class material will be covered in three sessions:
- Monday, February 22, from 6-8pm,
- Wednesday, February 24, from 6-8pm, and
- Thursday, February 25, from 6-8pm.
- The class will be offered through Zoom webinar.
- All participants will be forwarded login information once registration closes
This class is taught by Eric Smiley, who developed it with Solar Alberta for Electrical Safety Codes Officers with the 2015 and 2018 Canadian Electrical Code updates for solar electricity, and will include inspector’s checklists, which address the most crucial inspection points of the four typical solar photovoltaic system types.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to competently:
Identify proper and improper installation methods and equipment in solar PV systems, including:
- grounding and bonding;
- disconnect means;
- overcurrent protection;
- conductors cables, wires and raceway;
- solar modules and inverters;
Cite Relevant Canadian Electrical Code Rules;
Identify what and why deviations from the Canadian Electrical Code may be requested.