The Canada Infrastructure Bank (CIB) Commercial Building Retrofits Initiative provides financing for decarbonization retrofits in privately-owned commercial, industrial and multi-unit residential buildings in Canada. The Initiative is part of the CIB $10 billion Growth Plan that aims to stimulate jobs for Canadians and strengthen Canada’s economy through new infrastructure investments. Building owners can apply for financing to retrofit one or more of their buildings, provided that the total investment required by the CIB exceeds $25M.
- Financing for commercial, industrial, and multi-unit residential buildings.
- Minimum application of $25 million for eligible commercial retrofit projects.
How to apply
Rolling intake, if you meet the requirements:
- Building owners may apply for financing to retrofit one or more of their buildings.
- Third-party retrofit aggregators, including:
- Existing Energy Service Companies (ESCO) that form a dedicated Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) to originate and develop retrofit projects, or super ESCO models that are SPVs functioning as an intermediary between building owners and multiple ESCO providers, or new entrants to the energy services market that have capabilities and capacity to either work on buildings or invest in retrofit projects, or C-PACE program administrators.