The Canada Community-Building Fund helps communities to build and revitalize public infrastructure that supports national objectives of productivity and economic growth, a clean environment, and strong communities. Local governments determine which projects to fund.
Municipalities (with the exception of summer villages) will receive a minimum allocation of $50,000 per year and summer villages will receive a base allocation of $5,000 per year, in addition to the per capita amount.
Each municipality receives an annual allocation; funding varies per municipality.
- Local roads and bridges, highways, public transit.
- Regional and local airports.
- Drinking water, waste water, storm water, solid waste, brownfield redevelopment.
- Sport infrastructure and recreational infrastructure.
- Community energy systems, Cultural infrastructure and tourism infrastructure.
- Disaster mitigation.
It is intended to cover capital costs only and may not be used for maintenance or operating costs, debt reduction, or replacement of existing municipal infrastructure expenditures.
How to apply
Rolling intake of applications, if you meet the requirements:
- All municipalities in Alberta
- Métis Settlements
- The Town site of Redwood Meadows Administration Society