The purpose of the PCP Protocol is to provide municipalities with a set of clear accounting and reporting guidelines for developing corporate and community-level GHG inventories within the context of the PCP program.
Understand the Basics
These web-based resources provide local governments with a user-friendly framework to quantify, monitor and manage GHG emissions generated at the local level.
- How to quantify greenhouse gas reductions at the project level
- How to set emissions reduction targets
- How to create a local action plan to manage energy and emissions
- How to detail implementation strategies for local action plans
- How to finance climate action initiatives
- How to track progress on emission reduction goals
Quantify, Measure, and Manage
The PCP Milestone Tool is a resource to support program members in their GHG emissions reduction activities, as a web-based GHG inventory management tool. It provides you with a user-friendly framework to quantify, monitor, and manage GHG emissions. This helps in working through the five milestone framework of the PCP program.
Visit www.pcptool.ca to learn more.
Case Studies from Alberta
We are here for you and your community.