The Alberta Municipal Water/Wastewater Partnership, which launched in 1991, provides cost-shared funding to eligible municipalities to help build municipal facilities for water supply and treatment, and wastewater treatment and disposal which may include planning for energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions. Municipalities can apply for funding for municipal water supply and treatment facilities, and wastewater treatment and disposal facilities. Municipalities can apply for funding for water and wastewater projects that support water conservation. Municipalities can apply for funding for planning studies to identify water and wastewater needs.
Explore and implement cost-sharing models to build municipal facilities for water supply
For regional water systems where upgrades are made to existing facilities, a weighted average is used to determine each municipality’s share of the allocated funds.
How to apply
Deadline to apply is November 30 each year, if you meet these requirements:
- Populations and grant percentages are determined at the time of approval. Grant funding is determined by a formula.
- Municipalities with less than 1,000 people: 75%
- Municipalities with 1,000 to 3,000 people: 60.87%
- Municipalities with 3,001 to 10,000 people: 43.87%
- Municipalities with 10,001 to 45,000 people: 29.7%