ATCO established the Clean Energy Community Fund to help municipalities, schools, not-for-profits, and registered charities pursue solutions, opportunities, and supporting education towards a more sustainable, net zero future.
ATCO will be giving a total of $150,000 in 2023 to organizations and programs within the ATCO Gas or ATCO Electric service area in Alberta. If your organization is eligible, you can apply to receive single-year funding of up to $15,000 to help with your projects or programs, large and small.
Projects or programs that could receive funding from ATCO’s Clean Energy Community Fund include:
- Energy audits to identify energy efficiency improvements
- Energy efficiency upgrades for community facilities
- Education programs or student clubs supporting renewable gas, clean technologies, or renewable solutions education
- Lower-emitting options for public or community transportation
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for clean energy projects
- Renewable energy solutions and/or clean technologies