Nominate a staff member to become your municipality’s energy champion.
The Municipal Energy Champions Program helps small municipalities choose staff members to become energy champions that will manage municipal energy use. Champions identify opportunities to reduce energy consumption and save money.
Participating in this program will help your municipality:
- understand energy use and management,
- better track municipal energy consumption,
- move forward in the energy planning process,
- learn how to identify energy efficiency and renewable energy projects,
- see financing options to offset the costs of energy projects,
- develop an approach for energy management initiatives.
HOW IT WORKS
Municipal Energy Champions commit approximately 10 to 15 hours a month, for six months, to complete the program steps, through webinars, workshops, phone calls, networking events, and more.
The program steps include:
- Baseline assessment.
- Energy management basics learning activity.
- Municipal energy information collection.
- Develop an energy profile and trend analysis.
- Understand energy consumption in buildings.
- Presentation on findings.
- Implementation planning and continuing success learning activity.
Tool Lending Library
Municipal Energy Champions measure successes and manage the energy plan using energy auditing equipment from the Action Centre. Available to borrow for free, so municipalities can keep saving.
Learn more about borrowing energy auditing tools and make a reservation today.
Pilot program results
Six municipalities were selected in 2020 to participate in the pilot program. The pilot program was a success. See which municipalities participated in the pilot program.
Due to the success of the pilot program, a winter 2021 cohort is now taking place.
Tip: Read our blog post about how energy management works.
The Winter 2021 cohort is full
Please check back for new cohort intake in the summer of 2021.
Real Savings. Real Change.
View our other programs.