Receive funding to install solar PV on municipal facilities or land to save on energy costs and reduce your environmental impact.
Installing a solar PV system will:
- create jobs and help your local economy,
- generate free power any time the sun is shining for your system’s entire 25+ year life,
- demonstrate your municipality’s commitment to sustainability and social responsibility,
By investing in a solar PV system now, you can begin to see immediate savings on your electricity bills and reinvest those savings into other priorities across your municipality. Even if you don’t produce 100 percent of the energy you consume, solar reduces your utility bills and can save you money.
Municipalities in Alberta can submit multiple applications, but each municipality can only apply for rebates up to $1.5 million, including any bonuses.
Municipalities must engage the public as part of the project.
Receive a rebate per watt of total installed capacity ($/W), up to 30% of eligible expenses, as per the table below.
Total Installed Capacity (DC)
10 kilowatts to <150 kilowatts
150 kilowatts to <2 Megawatts
2 Megawatts to 5 Megawatts
Tip: First time applying? Get a bonus rebate of $0.25/watt (maximum of $250,000) is available to municipalities that have not previously participated.
- Read the Guidebook and download the resources
- Submit and Expression of Interest as the first non-committal step
- Once contacted by the Action Centre, complete the Application Form
Tip: No time? Choose a solar installer that will do this all for you.
See how no municipality is too big or too small to participate.
26,722 solar PV modules installed
10MW installed solar energy capacity
Save money – Save the planet. It’s a win-win.
If this program sounds right for your community apply now and start making a difference today!